While our writers are constantly on the prowl for juicy stories, we always welcome your insights and knowledge. (Yes, we’re awesome – but we can’t know everything.) So if there’s something you’d like to contribute, carefully follow the guidelines below. Due to the volume of submissions we receive, we ask that you only submit a piece once. We will get back to you shortly if your piece belongs in Pakwired.
What’s in it for You?
Each month, Pakwired receives thousands of visitors from all over the world. Creative professionals and entrepreneurs in Pakistan, the US, India, and the UK rely on Pakwired for the latest news and educational articles. As a writer for Pakwired, your words will be read by some of the top minds in business, and you’ll be contributing to the growth and development of a budding new industry. You’ll also have the option to include a 1-2 sentence byline with 1 link to your website, to be displayed below your published article.
Pakwired articles have been cited by Huffington Post, LifeHack, Social Media Examiner, Entrepreneur.com, Internet Marketing Ninjas, and many others. Our posts regularly flood social media outlets, with tens of thousands of shares on platforms like Google Plus, LinkedIn, and Twitter. So if you are looking for a way to contribute meaningfully to Pakistan’s innovative startup culture, let’s team up!
What We Publish
Pakwired publishes content on business, technology, and startup culture in Pakistan. We accept the following article formats:
- How-to guides
- Educational/motivational pieces
Priority will be given to timely pieces that highlight something significant happening in Pakistan right now. Review our About page to get a clearer idea of what we publish and why.
Wait! Do This First:
1. Before submitting anything, browse through our main menu to ensure your piece would fit under at least one of the
2. Do a quick search via the search bar (at the top right of our homepage) to ensure your idea hasn’t been covered yet. It’s ok to write about previously covered topics, but you MUST have new information that will help move the discussion along.
- Please keep your submissions between 300 and 1200 words.
- Email submissions to pakwired at gmail dot com as an attached Microsoft Word file or plain text email.
- For your byline, Include your full name, 1-2 sentences about who you are and what you do, and 1 relevant link
- We do not accept submissions that promote products or services.
- If English is not your strong suit, have someone review your piece before submitting it.
- High resolution photos that are labelled for free usage may be included in your submission.
- We encourage you to use subheadings, insert helpful links, and keep paragraphs reasonably brief.
Once you’ve submitted your stellar, typo-free, riveting article concerning Pakistani business, tech, or startup culture, an editor will review your piece and determine if it’s fit for publication. Once accepted, your piece may be sent back for minor edits, so be sure to check your email regularly. After we’ve scoured the page and determined your piece is ready, we’ll schedule it to be published – typically within one week of receiving the final draft. When your article goes live, share it on social media and remember to respond to comments at the bottom of the page.
Thanks for helping us fill the void in coverage of Pakistan’s fast-growing startup industries.