An Online College Admissions System (OCAS) is introduced to provide easy, hassle-free and proficient gateway to students who are willing to take admissions in the government colleges for higher education.
In collaboration with Higher Education Department (HED), Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE) of Punjab and Bank of Punjab; Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) developed an online system which is now rolled out for public sector colleges in Punjab.
How does the process work?
• Intermediate or secondary education data of students is loaded in the system
• After enabling the system, student adds minimum information in the system like (matric roll number, year and session)
• A student can then apply to any college/program via a simple online form
• A student can later download and print their application fee slip
• Application gets validated in the system (if processing fee is paid)
• Application processing fees is Rs. 25/- and. A student can pay the fees in any branch of Bank of Punjab
Objectives of the online system
Some of the key objectives of OCAS are:
- Both students and their parents won’t be require to pay physical visits
- Admission process will remain transparent
- Application process is automated
- A student would be making minimum errors
- A student will save a lot of travel time and expenses
Key features of online college admissions system
• The application fee is Rs. 25/- per program
• A student can apply anytime and from anywhere with an internet access
• One doesn’t have to stand in long queues in the scorching heat
• You can apply in more than one college
• You can track your application status via college website
• In case of any ambiguity, you can reach helplines, online guides which will assist you
• The system is reliable, secure, and internationally proven technology platform
• 700+ public sector colleges are a part of this program
OCAS comparison with traditional application process
The following image will help you in comprehending the difference between traditional application method and online college admissions system.
PITB has introduced a system which will provide no headache to the students and their parents. By doing so, they have created a benchmark by launching OCAS which will save time and energy while ensuring transparency in the application process.
Should other boards in different provinces take a leaf out of this initiative? Do let us know what you think about it.