Do you want to share a file or folder to another device linked to your network? The following steps will guide you on how to do just that.
1. Right-click on the file/folder to be shared.
2. Choose Give Access to > specific place.
3. Select users for visibility according to your preference, including permission levels (read/write or both). Click on ‘Share’ when done. Slowly type a user’s name if it doesn’t show up.
4. Click ‘Share’ and voila!
To access your shared folder on other computers, search for its name in the Network section.
Please note this function is not supported in Windows 10 (Version 1803).
Max OS X
1. Open ‘System Preferences’ (click on the top-left).
2. Choose ‘Sharing’.
3. Locate the ‘File Sharing’ option on the far-left and turn it on. Two boxes will appear (left for shared folders and right for users who have access to them).
4. To add a folder, click “+” sign underneath ‘Shared Folders Box’, choose your desired folder then click ‘Add’.
To access this new shared folder from another system, press ‘Command+N’ in Finder. On the left hand side, click on the name of the computer you want to access and voila!