YouTube’s effort to shape original and unique content are going to materialize in the genre of kid’s transmission very soon. The online video streaming service of Google made an official announcement this Monday, of its intentions to provide 4 brand new original TV series for children from YouTube’s community of content creators. It is relevant to mention that the tech giant will start rolling out the series this spring. In addition, the TV series will be available for YouTube Red subscribers to stream it online.
In 2015, YouTube introduced the ad-free streaming subscription service, which charged $9.99 monthly. Additionally, they made a debut of unique content for the service last year.
What Will The Kids’ Series Include?
Following new kids’ series will included in the upcoming unique content package from YouTube:
- Dan TDM Creates A Big Scene
It is a series featuring British YouTube creator Daniel Middleton and several of his animated friends
- Fruit Ninja: Frenzy Force
Just another show which is also animated. It follows four Fruit Ninjas as they battle out the evil using Juice Jitsu.
A TV show which follows the five members of the tween girlband L2M. They develop a website for young girls.
- The King of Atlantis
It is another animated show which is set in the underwater city of Atlantis. The series stars YouTubers Cody and Joe.
Quick Read: Facebook prefers to imitate YouTube over Netflix
Google announced its plans to launch 4 new TV series in the light of YouTube celebrating the two-year anniversary of YouTube Kids app. Ever since it was launched; it has secured whopping 30 billion views and over 8 million active viewers every week.
According to YouTube’s blog post, the new and original children’s programmes have been “created especially with the YouTube Kids app in mind.” Moreover, they also said that the app for YouTube kids will be available quite soon to download on several smart TVs made by LG and Samsung.
In 2016, online video sharing website released over 20 pieces of original content for YouTube Red. While speaking to Fortune in December, the company said that YouTube has cut ties with one of its highest paid creator, Felix Kjellberg since he posted various offensive videos online.