The following guide will help you sort out this issue entirely.
- Go to ‘Settings’ in your Alexa device
- Select ‘Alexa Privacy’
- Select ‘Review Voice History’
- Select the date range of stored recordings you wish to delete (you can choose ‘All History’ for a complete clean sweep)
Alexa recordings cannot be disabled. To automatically delete recordings in the future, follow these additional steps:-
- Go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Manage your Alexa data’
- Turn off all toggled items under the ‘Help Improve Alexa’ section
- Visit myactivity.google.com
- Find your recordings and manually delete selected ones
- If you wish to delete the entire activities, go to ‘Delete activity by’ from the top-right menu and select ‘Custom range’
Fortunately, Google Home allows turning off voice recordings entirely. Here’s how:
- Select ‘Activity controls’
- Uncheck the option ‘Include voice and audio recordings’
We hope this helped!