The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has launched an urgent service which no doubt will benefit those who want their degrees / transcripts attested. Whilst the service will be welcomed by those who can benefit from it, the fees of Rs. 5000/- is leaving some wide-eyed we’ve got full details of the service for your reading pleasure.
Summary of the Service
The service is effective from 15th July 2019 and must be booked online through the HEC e-portal on http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/. After creating an account users can proceed to upload the required documents which will be reviewed after which an appointment can be scheduled.
- HEC Headquarters – 45 slots
- HEC Regional Office Lahore – 20 slots
- HEC Regional Office Karachi – 15 slots
- HEC Regional Office Peshawar – 10 slots
- HEC Regional Office Quetta – 10 slots
The slots are available Monday to Friday excluding public holidays.
- Urgent Attestation Fee: Rs. 5000/-
- Rs. 800/- attestation fee for each original document
- Rs. 500/- attestation fee for each copied document
Submissions for documents at WES/ICAS
For those wishing to submit documents to WES/ICAS you must have original documents along with a copy, once attested HEC will seal the attested documents if you visit the R & I Office for no extra charge. Should you not be able to attend, services are available through Gerry’s / FedEx or TCS. In either case, please remember to keep attested copies of the documents for proof.
Detailed Guide to Attesting Your Documents
- Create a profile at http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/das and fill in your personal details
- Reserve date for attestation at desired location
- If you are choosing the courier service, fill out the form available here and visit the relevant courier office
- The details on the applicant’s documents must match those on your CNIC / passport
- For attestation of “Shahadatul Almiya fil Uloomm al Arabia wal Islamia” please enter particulars of Aama, Khasa, Aaliya and Almiya in the online application form and attach equivalence given by the HEC.
- For attestation of equivalence letters issued by the HEC, the original must be attached with copies
- Attestation of copies can only be done after originals have been attested
The points are summarised in detail above but ensure to read the user manual and the procedure for online attestation documents to fully understand the procedure before using the service to avoid disappointment later.
Final Thoughts on the HEC Service
An urgent attestation service is definitely a beneficial one especially for those requiring their documents urgently and one suspects the service would be used. The price however, seems a little high at Rs. 5000/- and a review of it would be welcome. On top of this there are charges of Rs. 800 for original documents and Rs. 500/- or copied documents to be attested, the cost for every user can be expected at around Rs. 6500/- to Rs. 7000/- which seems extremely high.