Switching to ‘Dark Mode’ is a trending phenomenon, at least for those who prefer a more comfortable reading instead of a bright, white background. WhatsApp is the latest entry to join the ‘Dark Mode’ club.
At present, Facebook is still testing WhatsApp’s dark mode functionality, so you won’t find a toggle for it. To try it out, you’ll have to download a beta version of WhatsApp to switch over, except the fact that the beta programme is… already full!
Normally, it’s best to avoid sideloading apps through indirect apk downloads but you can use the reliable APKMirror to grab the beta version of WhatsApp (version 2.20.13) for dark mode.
- Install the apk file in the link above and scroll down to the green link.
- Tap the green link then scroll down in the next screen until you see the big “download APK” button appear. Click on it to download.
- Navigate to your Android’s Files app, tap on the apk file and ignore the warning.
- Open WhatsApp, tap on the triple-dot icon in the upper-right and select Settings.
- Click on Chats and see a new listing called “Theme“. Click on it and select “Dark” (or “Light“, alternatively).
We find the dark look beautiful! What about you? Do share your comments with us!