The World Summit Award Mobile (WSA-mobile) is a global initiative to handpick and encourage the world’s best in mobile content and innovative applications. It is also a highly diverse and democratic award system, that selects and promotes the world’s best digital innovation with impact on society.
These awards do not typically focus on purely technological developments just like other awards. Instead their focus is on the content, the real substance of the project. A Network of National Experts, National Committees and National Awards in over 170 countries serve to acquire high quality nominations for the international award.
Are you a tech-freak? Is there any mobile application that you may have developed that you think could create a global impact? If the answer to these questions is YES then WSA-mobile awaits your participation.
WSA is looking for mobile applications in diverse categories. These classifications range across 8 different groups and they are as following:
• Government and Citizen Engagement
• Inclusion and Empowerment
• Health and Well-being
• Culture and Tourism
• Environment and Green Energy
• Smart Settlements and Urbanization
• Business and Commerce
• Learning and Education
You can have a thorough and in-depth analysis of each category at the following:
If you feel your product is worthy of being nominated for the WSA 2016, then you can send in your applications by entering correct information here.
Remember that the deadline to submit the application is 10th July 2016. No application will be entertained after the due date.
There will be plenty of accolades for the winners who will get:
• An invitation to the WSA Global Congress in Abu Dhabi
• Avail the possibility to pitch in front of an jury of international experts, giving direct feedback and input
• Receive the award at a prestigious gala dinner
• Attend workshops on how to turn their local app into a global success
• Exchange knowledge with the world’s most outstanding app developers
• Grow their network with contacts to potential sponsors and partners
• Get a video detailing their project success
• Special placement on the WSA website and long-term coverage via Blogs, Articles, Success Stories, Twitter, Facebook.
Are you not looking forward to it? You can also have a crack at their website here in case you need more information.