German automobile company Audi has launched its new compact SUV model, the untaggable Audi Q2 in Pakistan. The German manufacturer has recently introduced Audi Q3 in Pakistan last year. Audi cars are noted for having the edge of comfort, security and a style status over their rivals.
The Audi Q2 will be available in three different models which are as follows:
- SE Model (which will be entry level)
- S Line Model
- Edition #1 Model( Limited Edition)
The SUV is coming equipped with the following engine options:
- 1.6 L Diesel Engine (114 bhp)
- 1.4 L Petrol Engine (148 bhp)
- Turbocharged 1.0 L Petrol Engine (114 bhp)
There would be a difference in price between the two variants of the Audi Q2; the standard variant would cost about Rs. 4.35 million while the exclusive version would cost Rs. 4.85 million.
As per the statement issued by Audi Pakistan:
Whether you’re exploring the city or leaving the tarmac behind, the Audi Q2 is a premium-compact SUV ready for adventure.
With its distinctive polygonal design, the sculpted exterior cuts a bold statement of confidence. Inside, the Q2 is available with connectivity, infotainment and driver assistance features expected of a luxury class.
The Q3 would have the features of
- Three cylinder direct injection
- Exhaust turbocharger with indirect intercooler
- SRS airbags
- Electronic Stabilisation Program (ESP)
- Traction Control
- Electronic Differential Lock
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Electronic Immobilizer
- Brake Pad Wear Indication
- Child seat mounts
The following additional features would be available to customers in the exclusive variant:
- Aluminum touches in the interior
- 4-way Lumbar support
- Inlays in Matt brushed aluminum
- Panoramic glass roof
- Comfort Key
- Cruise Control with speed limiter
- Sideblade in Manhattan grey
The introduction of new models by a European car-maker, such as Audi, highlights an interesting trend: for long, Pakistan’s automobile sector has been under the sway of three main automobile makers of Japanese origin. However, as can be seen, the trend is on the course of change.
Audi has already been in the news after it announced establishing a car assembly plant inside the country. It’s previous investment plan to invest in Medium Knocked Down models or MKD models was not accepted as it ran counter to the new automobile policy.
It is expected that the launch of Audi will help pave the way for more high quality models to penetrate the auto sector which is saturated with low quality models due to the monopoly of the Big Three.