Google Maps loyalists using iOS devices can now submit their own traffic reports through a recent addition.
Beginning 18th October, iOS users can contribute to Google Maps with crowd-sourced updates regarding vehicular accidents and even long traffic jams in real time.
Traffic Report Submission Process
- Update Google Maps from the App Store.
- Enter the navigation mode in the app.
- Press the “+” button to reveal the traffic report option.
- Select the category of alert such as crash, slowdown, construction, lane closure, disabled vehicle, etc.
- Click on “Confirm” once you’re ready to submit the report; the report will be visible on Google Maps for all to see.