In an effort to provide best online experience for users of all levels of ability, the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has initiated a process to upgrade its web-based capabilities and mobile app contents. Following the new development, it is accepting proposals for redesign and up-gradation of its digital touch points .
In an announcement made recently, PTA has revealed that it plans to award a contract for redesigning and development of Mobile responsive versions of its official website, both in English and Urdu languages. PTA is also considering offering a contract to upgrade its mobile application and web accessibility standards for users, particularly for disabled people, the announcement revealed.
Following the announcement, PTA has published a detailed document on its website which details the project goals and tender process, and provides further information for those interested. The document can be accessed here: request for proposals.
Keeping in view the importance and growth of internet user base in Pakistan, PTA has recognized a need to improve its website which could provide information and content repository to both local and international visitors.
PTA’s online web portal is the central hub for the information for all the online services; it is believed that provision of content through user friendly interface would enhance the end user experiences while browsing relevant information at website, the document stated.
According to PTA, the main objectives of the re-designing and development are:
- Providing highly user friendly interface for public information and e-services for the consumers
- To ensure Website Security for unauthorized access
- Website to have English, Urdu, Mobile Versions
- Mobile App to be developed to facilitate the mobile users
- To upgrade the technology platform
- To enhance the functionalities of backend Content Management System
- To enhance the information security controls
- To have penetration testing and Audit
- Processes for Monitoring of the Website
- Web Accessibility Standards for disabled/special people
The deadline for submitting expression of interest is April 10, 2017.