In a recent development, the price of Samsung T5 500GB portable SSD has dropped to $180. The original price tag of the SSD was $200 and there has hardly been a drop of penny in that amount. The last price which the company set was $190. However, Samsung is now selling T5 500GB SSD for $180 – at its lowest price ever.
Also Read: Samsung launches connect tag tracker
Samsung T5 SSD comes in the following:
- USB Type-C input
- A USB C to C input
- USB C to A cable
One can connect the hard drive to any PC or to any smartphone as well. A connection can be made through USB Type-C port or via USB A cable using a USB OTG adapter.
Specifications of Samsung T5
According to the company, it has equipped the T5 with a shock-resistant internal frame. In addition, it can support a transfer speed of 540MB/s at maximum. Launched in August 2017, it gathered plenty of positive reviews from the big review sites. The size of the little beauty is quite compact and it easily fits in one’s palm.
Quick Read: Making a bootable USB for Windows or MAC
It is available in two different colors: black and blue. Furthermore, it comes in 1TB and 2TB of versions. However, one will have to pay more to get hold of them. As far as durability is concerned, the T5 also scores high on the security front offering AES 256-bit encryption to protect the data on board.
Some of the key features which Samsung T5 SSD offers are:
- Interface: USB 3.1 (Gen 2, 10Gbps) backwards compatibility
- Capacities: 2TB/1TB/500GB/250GB
- Dimensions: 74 x 57.3 x 10.5 mm (3.0 x 2.3 x 0.4 in)
- Weight: 51 grams (1.8 oz) 8)
- Performance: Transfer Speed Up to 540MB/sec
- UASP Mode Support
- Encryption AES 256-bit hardware encryption
- Security Password protection (Optional)
- Password protection software requires: Windows 7 or higher; Mac OS X Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra (10.9 or higher); Android KitKat (version 4.4) or higher
- Operating 0°C to 60°C
- Non-Operating -40°C to 85°C
- Non-Operating 65°C, 95%
- Non-Operating 1,500G, duration: 0.5ms, 3 axis
- Vibration Non-Operating 10~2,000Hz, 20G
- Certifications CE, BSMI, KC, VCCI, C-tick, FCC, IC, UL, TUV, CB
- RoHS Compliance RoHS 2
- Warranty: Three (3) Year Limited Warranty